I’m getting a lot of Google alerts that only say my name, Twitter and Batgirl. Contrary to popular belief, I swear I am not Batgirl.
Everybody and their grandmother is sending me tweets and lists of people suggesting I should direct Batgirl. But nobody wants to send me the bad things LOL. I remember precisely how I blocked about 200 mad DC fans one day, I’m sure there are people who are salty hearing my name come up that often. It’s a shame I’m missing this. There’s nothing better than butthurt comic book movie fandom
I wrote a new blog post: How to start a Mastodon server (The non-technical parts) https://medium.com/tootsuite/how-to-start-a-mastodon-server-dea0dec56028
Crytocurrency Show more
"Ethereum builds a sealed VM environment to run the programs. [where] there can’t be any I/O, timing, threading... [or] any factors that could potentially cause different execution results. This means perhaps 90% of programs that are of practical use can’t be ported to Ethereum. And because program execution on Ethereum network is inefficient, it is impractical to port most of the remaining 10% of programs [too]."
Today's weird project idea: TootCoin
Decentralized social network but the person with most toots in <amount of time> is now the instance admin for 24 hours.
Welcoming film and TV director and social justice advocate @Lexialex to the fediverse. She just made a principled move away from Twitter after they banned someone’s account for cussing a Nazi (https://twitter.com/Lexialex/status/965990299401990144)
Equitable Exit Show more
#event: Harnessing Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies to empower co-operatives
"During this event we will be discussing the potential of cryptocurrencies and Blockchain to benefit the co-operative movement and social causes, and help us move away from an exploitative economic system."
"WeWork is promoting a mythology for those in the brave new gig economy: You, precarious worker who will never have a pension, are not a simple cog in a machine. Your work is not merely labour, for which you deserve decent pay and security, but an extension of your personality. You’re doing what you love and paying $500 per month for the desk from which to do it."
Let's hatch a #cooperative alternative!
Equitable Exit Show more
An Equitable Exit being a founding team exiting to its workers / users - co-op style.
Now, I'm one of those weirdos that upon hearing a term like that... I buy the domain names. 🤦♂️ Will I ever learn. 🤣
I have equitableexit.com and equitableexit.org up for renewal this month.
Anyone have a #socialcoop idea for them? 😄
As always, question to people who just joined today: where (on the web) are you coming from? 👋
The Irish Times: David McWilliams: Blue-collar America has lost control (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/david-mcwilliams-blue-collar-america-has-lost-control-1.3393812
Just moved all e-mails from my inbox into archives 😩 😩 😩 👌
The University of Edinburgh are doing a short, self-paced online course on Co-operative Economics focusing on #workercoop/s.
I presume we might have some interested people here?... :)
Let me know if it's any good!