social.coop reopening Show more
The #SocialCoop Community Working Group has approved re-opening the instance to new member applications, so the Ops team will be working on getting the process up and running this week. We're starting with a test "soft opening" inviting some folks who have reached out over the last few months asking to be notified when we re-open.
If that goes well and the process flow feels clear, we'll start accepting applications more broadly.
social.coop governance updates Show more
#SocialCoop governance updates:
- The straw poll re: making a donation to a charity of Mayel's choice in recognition of his early contributions to the co-op passed unanimously in the Finance WG, & the proposal to allocate $250 is now live.
- The proposal to establish a budget of $170/mo for Tech WG Ops Team comp has passed.
- Following today's CWG ops team call, a proposal has been submitted to the CWG for social.coop to re-start accepting new member applications.
Reminder that social.coop does have a CoC and reporting guidelines. They can be found here: https://git.coop/social.coop/community/docs/wikis/Code-of-Conduct/Code-of-Conduct-v3.1
Because moderation of social.coop falls on a small crew of users who take on-call shifts as the community ops team, it's easy for things to slip through the cracks.
Help us out by reporting behaviour that you feel is in violation of our CoC and let's keep social.coop a great space for cooperating
Social.coop $ votes Show more
FYI, #SocialCoop members, we have two proposals live in the Finance working group:
- Proposal to create a 6 month budget for a compensated Ops Team for the Tech Working Group.
- Making a donation to Mayel's local hackerspace as a token of recognition for his significant early uncompensated contributions to the launch of our #coop
Pop over and have your say!
Stats for the last week on #social.coop
1,213 total users
149 active this week
The user count will start rising soon, once the new onboarding process is finalised. Watch this space.
Also! As the ops team has been discussing process for re-opening for new members soon, we're discussing doing a membership survey. If you want to help with that, please respond to this poll: https://www.loomio.org/p/OMf2K9Tc/volunteer-to-help-with-member-survey-development
social.coop admin/stats Show more
social.coop Federation announcement Show more
FYI, #SocialCoop has suspended the following instances:
- Freespeechextremist.com for antisemitism, fascism, etc.
- wagesofsinisdeath.com for christian-themed white nationalism, racism, and fascism.
- Gameliberty.club for its admin being involved in the gasthe.lgbt stunt and borderline fashyness.
- Baarag.net on 1/13/2019 for loli and fascists
We've also silenced sinblr.com, which has been putting out uncw'd porn.
social.coop federation announcement Show more
FYI, we have suspended gasthe.lgbt for obvious reasons. In the process, we also noticed that the gnusocial domain of smuglo.li was suspended, but the pleorma one was not, so smuglo.li (a loli instance that harbors a sampling of fascists, holocaust deniers, etc.) is now suspended across all subdomains. #socialCoop
Suspending GreenLifePlus.net Show more
FYI we have received follows from a bot from there, and this thread suggests it is a spam/data harvesting instance: https://deadinsi.de/@sascha/101184531717262932
So #SocialCoop is suspending them until further notice. If you have an objection or reason the Suspend should be lifted, please post to the CWG Loomio.
social.coop CWG Ops Team Show more
The vote for the Community Working Group ops team has closed, and the proposed group has been unanimously appointed for a six month term that ends 5/24/2019.
Thanks to all who stepped up, and we'll be getting the ball rolling on scheduling the team's first meeting and work going forward!
social.coop is a coop-run corner of the fediverse, a cooperative and transparent approach to operating a social platform. We are currently closed to new memberships while we improve our internal processes and policies, and plan to re-open to new folks when that work is complete. [9/2/2018]