Birth control Show more
“Unwanted pregnancies happen when men orgasm irresponsibly.”
Pretty fucking on point piece here
Let’s get back control of our events ! #JoinMobilizon https://prismo.xyz/posts/fb3e9be7-b3cb-48b2-ba76-dfb17bfeb1fa
earthships and my qualms with them pt 2 Show more
Some issues with Earthships:
• building with tires leads to off-gassing down the line
• not compatible with most environments despite their "global" model
• insulation issues
• difficult and expensive to build
• repairs (plumbing, electric) being near impossible to access
• "self-sufficient" elements needing secondary options due to unreliability
However, the concept holds so much promise. It would be great if plans were not behind thousands of dollars so alterations could be examined and shared with others wanting a self-sustaining lifestyle. Like, what if we started looking at cob or hempcrete? Would it help to add something like a windmill to supplement power needs? What would be the main alterations if this house were for France or Benin or Massachusetts?
If the goal were to help the planet and free people from grid dependence, I feel like these things would be crucial.
Buttttt, you know, that's probably not the goal...
Go where no man has gone before and find that mans reputation precedes him.
Job hunting Show more
ukpol, climate activists, + Show more
“In 2017, climate activists Roger Hallam and David Durant painted the words "divest from oil and gas" on a wall at King’s College London in chalk paint; they were facing £7,000 in fines and up to 18 months in prison, and did not qualify for a legal aid lawyer.
The pair represented themselves in front of a jury [...] arguing the rarely used "necessity defense," that their actions were justified by the urgency of climate change. Judge Michael Gledhill QC frequently interrupted the pair to instruct the jury to ignore the defense, telling them that climate change was "irrelevant" to the charge.
The jury exonerated the pair after deliberating for just [the mandatory minimum] two hours.”
Accidental Anarchist (subs en castellano) https://pe.ertu.be/videos/watch/40453d40-2f0d-4611-8c47-ed47294f05f9
« Cops to Florida woman: ‘Do you have anything else?’ She pulled a gator from her pants. »
"Difficulty" as a person with ADD:
- Learning about obscure programming concepts by reading old papers: "This is fun!"
- Unearthing old peer-to-peer architecture stuff and documenting it: "It's tough but I like it!"
- Working on decentralized system and programming language design: "I could do it for days!"
- Submitting an invoice so I can get paid: "Oh my god this is the hardest task ever how could anyone ever do something so difficult"
social.coop is a cooperatively-run corner of the Fediverse. The instance is democratically governed by its members, who generally share an interest in the co-op model, but topics of discussion range widely.
Our instance is supported by sliding scale contributions of $1-10/mo made via Open Collective. You must have an active Open Collective account to apply for membership; you may set one up here