Hello fediverse! This account will toot a few stories a week that are examples of solutions-focused journalism: how people are working to address inequality, prejudice, and exploitative economic systems. Want to help curate stories? Send a private message, either to this account or to @eloquence.
This account is not a bot - all stories are selected and summarized with love. :)
I had some time following idea:
- let others report issues they are effected by
- analyse together the issue and share informations with each others about
- creating an easy accsasable summary of it
- spread it
- let others report possible solutions and share their experiences with solving it
- research about solutions others have developed/used
- create an easy accsasable summary of it
- create a support group
@strypey Yes, very much so, and appreciate their work pioneering constructive journalism. I expect I'll summarize some of their articles in the future. I do try to focus on stories that show solutions that can be replicated by others, which tends to describe a smaller subset of PN content.
@strypey I think I've read some of their content before. But it looks like it's been inactive since 2015 :(
social.coop is a cooperatively-run corner of the Fediverse. The instance is democratically governed by its members, who generally share an interest in the co-op model, but topics of discussion range widely.
Our instance is supported by sliding scale contributions of $1-10/mo made via Open Collective. You must have an active Open Collective account to apply for membership; you may set one up here