@darius @aparrish @dphiffer Depends on the thing. For a lot of geo stuff like GDAL, PostGIS, and friends there are now great pre-compiled Mac OS packages and executables. Python 3 and Docker you can just download. Data science stuff mostly builds clean with pip. That’s like 80% of my needs right there, the other 20% I now handle with Docker. Homebrew is just not worth the sustained sadness.
I think QGIS.org now offers the same download with a less chaotic-sounding source, and building the GDAL Python bindings against it has been consistently easy for me: https://github.com/PlanScore/PlanScore#gdal
Meanwhile uptown: https://twitter.com/michalmigurski/status/1083127133440860160
social.coop is a cooperatively-run corner of the Fediverse. The instance is democratically governed by its members, who generally share an interest in the co-op model, but topics of discussion range widely.
Our instance is supported by sliding scale contributions of $1-10/mo made via Open Collective. You must have an active Open Collective account to apply for membership; you may set one up here