TIL about the gömböc. Which is a three-dimensional form of *uniform* density that when resting on a flat surface has just one stable and one unstable point of equilibrium. (Meaning no matter how it is placed on the flat surface it will always "right" itself to the stable point.)

The word is Hungarian, but to my ear, it sounds like it is pronounced a little like "gumbutts", which seems appropriate. 😆

Sign in to participate in the conversation

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!