The Atlantic takes a closer look at how Slack managed to create a more diverse tech team than most other US tech companies, e.g.:
- recruit via training programs focused on women, black and Latino engineers
- ditch whiteboard interviews
- wipe personal identifiers from code reviews
- standardize interview questions
- perform "mock interviews" with existing hires.
social.coop is a cooperatively-run corner of the Fediverse. The instance is democratically governed by its members, who generally share an interest in the co-op model, but topics of discussion range widely.
Our instance is supported by sliding scale contributions of $1-10/mo made via Open Collective. You must have an active Open Collective account to apply for membership; you may set one up here