Community WG Vote re: Operations Team
Following today's monthly Community Working Group Operations Team, there is now a proposal live to extend renew its mandate for another six month term, with some modifications.
If you're a co-op member, you may vote on the proposal here: https://www.loomio.org/p/J83AmQYn/renewal-of-the-community-working-group-operations-team-s-mandate-for-6-months-with-modifications
If it passes, at least one of the 5 seats on the team will be vacated by an existing member, so we'll be looking for folks to put their hats in the ring!
Co-op Investment Oppty
If you're in the US, the #NH Community Loan Fund is aiming to raise $12MM in new social investment capital by June 30 to help finance their largest mobile home park #coop conversion to date (more than 1k units of affordable housing). Our #CoopInvestmentClub is currently voting on investing a few $k, and details on investment terms are here for those interested: https://www.communityloanfund.org/how-you-can-help/invest
The #SocialCoop Community Working Group has approved re-opening the instance to new member applications, so the Ops team will be working on getting the process up and running this week. We're starting with a test "soft opening" inviting some folks who have reached out over the last few months asking to be notified when we re-open.
If that goes well and the process flow feels clear, we'll start accepting applications more broadly.
social.coop governance updates
#SocialCoop governance updates:
- The straw poll re: making a donation to a charity of Mayel's choice in recognition of his early contributions to the co-op passed unanimously in the Finance WG, & the proposal to allocate $250 is now live.
- The proposal to establish a budget of $170/mo for Tech WG Ops Team comp has passed.
- Following today's CWG ops team call, a proposal has been submitted to the CWG for social.coop to re-start accepting new member applications.
Reminder that social.coop does have a CoC and reporting guidelines. They can be found here: https://git.coop/social.coop/community/docs/wikis/Code-of-Conduct/Code-of-Conduct-v3.1
Because moderation of social.coop falls on a small crew of users who take on-call shifts as the community ops team, it's easy for things to slip through the cracks.
Help us out by reporting behaviour that you feel is in violation of our CoC and let's keep social.coop a great space for cooperating
Social.coop $ votes
FYI, #SocialCoop members, we have two proposals live in the Finance working group:
- Proposal to create a 6 month budget for a compensated Ops Team for the Tech Working Group.
- Making a donation to Mayel's local hackerspace as a token of recognition for his significant early uncompensated contributions to the launch of our #coop
Pop over and have your say!
Stats for the last week on #social.coop
1,213 total users
149 active this week
The user count will start rising soon, once the new onboarding process is finalised. Watch this space.
Also! As the ops team has been discussing process for re-opening for new members soon, we're discussing doing a membership survey. If you want to help with that, please respond to this poll: https://www.loomio.org/p/OMf2K9Tc/volunteer-to-help-with-member-survey-development
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!